This Schedule is available for lighting of outdoor areas. Lighting fixtures will be installed by the Town with brackets on poles owned by the Town in accordance with normal operating standards.
Service will include installation, maintenance, and illumination from dusk to dawn. If a lamp is not operating properly, repairs will be made during normal working hours as soon as practical following notification by the customer.
Basic Monthly Charges cover one area lighting unit installed with overhead service on existing distribution facilities. Reimbursement of other costs not normally incurred with installation of lighting units will be required (see “Other Costs” below).
|Fixture Type||Monthly Charge|
|Sodium Vapor||Without Pole||With Standard Pole1|
Other Costs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- For extension of primary conductor, the customer will reimburse the Town’s costs.
- For underground service, $4.00/month will be charged if no unusual installation costs are incurred. In lieu of the monthly charge for normal underground installations, the customer may pay a one-time fee of $200.00. Any unusual installation costs will be reimbursed by the customer.
- The customer will reimburse costs for underground installation under paved surfaces and will be responsible for restoration of pavement and landscaped areas following underground installations.
- In the event that rock, unstable soil, or other conditions require the use of material and methods of installation other than normal materials and methods, the customer will pay the additional cost.
- For a special pole and/or fixture, the estimated installed cost in excess of the estimated installed cost of standard facilities will be paid by the customer.
- Basic Monthly Charges do not include the conversion of existing overhead secondary conductors to underground. Should the customer desire such conversion under this schedule, the customer will contribute to the Town any termination charges which may be applicable and initiate new underground service.
Service will be provided for a minimum term of three years and shall extend monthly thereafter until terminated by the customer or the Town.
Bills are due when rendered and are payable within 15 days from the date of the bill. For unpaid bills after the 15th day, a late fee of $3.00 will be added to the balance. A delinquent fee of $20.00 will be charged on any balance outstanding twenty-two days after the billing date. In addition, if any bill is not paid within 22 days from the date of the bill, the Town has the right to suspend service in accordance with its service regulations.
State of North Carolina Utility Sales Tax will be added to charges for service.