The fourth meeting of the Neuse River Basin Regional Hazard Mitigation Planning Committee (HMPC) will be held on Monday, March 9, 2020, at 3:30 PM, at the Lenoir County Cooperative Extension, 1791 NC Highway 11 S, Kinston, NC 28504. Attendance at this final meeting of the HMPC is important as we will be discussing release of the full draft of the plan for review.
The Public Input Meeting will be conducted that evening at 5:30 PM at the same location.
Farmville would like your input!
The Neuse River Basin Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan is being updated and your participation is valuable. Please take a few moments to complete a brief survey regarding the community’s mitigation efforts. The survey is available online through the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NeuseRiverHMP. Thank you for your participation!
Information regarding the overall planning process is available at http://www.neuseriverhmp.com/.
This department is responsible for:
- Code enforcement
- Reviewing/Approving site plans and blue prints
- Receiving applications for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits
- Issuing Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits
- Inspections on permitted construction and installation work in process, to enforce State codes for construction, as well as performing fire inspections on existing buildings/businesses and minimum housing inspections on homes in order to maintain compliance with minimum housing standards.
- Maintaining construction and inspection records
- Reporting construction and inspection records to County, State, and Federal Government as required by law.
- Health and Safety Violations
- Storm drainage improvements for the town and the towns extra territorial jurisdiction
- All contractors must obtain a privilege license with the Town of Farmville prior to any permits being issued.
- Building permits require two sets of plans being turned in along with the permit application form.
- Plan review time approximately 5 days.
- All other permits require permit application form. Additional information may be requested.
- Burning permits may be applied for in person.
To schedule an inspection call (252) 753-5921. Contractors must have their permit number when requesting an inspection.
Monday – Thursday: 11:00am to 4:00pm
(last inspection scheduled at 3:30pm)
Friday: 8:00am to 12:00 noon
(last inspection scheduled at 11:30am)
All inspections called in prior to 10:00am will be put on the schedule for that day as long as there are times available.
Inspections called in after 10:00am will be scheduled for the following business day.
Method of Payments Accepted – Check, Cash, Credit Card
Forms and Documents
- Basic Information About Flood Insurance
- Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance
- Floodproofing Information
- Land Use Plan
- NFIP FloodSmart
- NFIP Preferred Risk Policy
- Permit Application Form
- Permit Fees
- Zoning Ordinance – Currently in process of being updated. Please call 252-753-6720 with questions.
- Zoning Map
Links to other sites
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- NC Emergency Management
- NC Floodmaps
- Pitt County Parcel & Flood Information
- Pitt County Greenway Plan
Justin Oakes, Director
PO Box 86 / 3672 N. Main Street
Farmville, NC 27828
(252) 753-6720 – office
(252) 753-2963 – fax