The Transportation Planning Division of the North Carolina Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Pitt County, the Greenville Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, and the Mid-East Rural Planning Organization, is developing a Comprehensive Transportation Plan for the County. A Comprehensive Transportation Plan is a long-range planning document that will assist local governments in making transportation decisions for the next 25-30 years. Your participation is essential in identifying transportation needs for Pitt County.
Beginning July 1st 2020, the Town of Farmville will begin requiring a Zoning Compliance Permit be obtained prior to:
- Construction of any new Principal and Accessory Structures
- Additions to Existing Structures
- Commercial Occupancy of Existing Structures
- Installation of Fences and Signs
For more information, please see the following:
Link the attached brochure here
This department is responsible for:
- Code enforcement
- Reviewing/Approving site plans and blue prints
- Receiving applications for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits
- Issuing Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical permits
- Inspections on permitted construction and installation work in process, to enforce State codes for construction, as well as performing fire inspections on existing buildings/businesses and minimum housing inspections on homes in order to maintain compliance with minimum housing standards.
- Maintaining construction and inspection records
- Reporting construction and inspection records to County, State, and Federal Government as required by law.
- Health and Safety Violations
- Storm drainage improvements for the town and the towns extra territorial jurisdiction
- All contractors must obtain a privilege license with the Town of Farmville prior to any permits being issued.
- Building permits require two sets of plans being turned in along with the permit application form.
- Plan review time approximately 5 days.
- All other permits require permit application form. Additional information may be requested.
- Burning permits may be applied for in person.
To schedule an inspection call (252) 753-5921. Contractors must have their permit number when requesting an inspection.
Monday – Thursday: 11:00am to 4:00pm
(last inspection scheduled at 3:30pm)
Friday: 8:00am to 12:00 noon
(last inspection scheduled at 11:30am)
All inspections called in prior to 10:00am will be put on the schedule for that day as long as there are times available.
Inspections called in after 10:00am will be scheduled for the following business day.
Method of Payments Accepted – Check, Cash, Credit Card
Forms and Documents
- Basic Information About Flood Insurance
- Development Permit Application (Building, Electrical, Mechanical)
- Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance
- Floodproofing Information
- Food Truck Permit (One Time)
- Food Truck Permit (Town Sponsored Event)
- Land Use Plan
- NFIP FloodSmart
- NFIP Preferred Risk Policy
- Permit Fees
- Rezoning Application
- Special Exception Application
- Text Amendment Application
- Variance Application
- Zoning Ordinances
- Zoning Map
- Zoning Compliance Application
Links to other sites
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- NC Emergency Management
- NC Floodmaps
- Pitt County Parcel & Flood Information
- Pitt County Greenway Plan
- Neuse River Basin Regional HMP
Justin Oakes, Director
PO Box 86 / 3672 N. Main Street
Farmville, NC 27828
(252) 753-6720 – office
(252) 753-2963 – fax