- Road maintenance
- Repair of sewer and water line cuts
- Maintenance and repair sidewalks and driveways
Sanitation collection for the Town of Farmville is contracted by Waste Industries, Inc. Call 252-752-1997 for any problems or questions about pick up or carts. View the trash collection routes.
Schedule of Pick Up
- Monday – All residents North of Pine Street and East of Main Street
- Tuesday – All residents North of Pine Street and West of Main Street
- Thursday – All residents South of Pine Street and East of Main Street
- Friday – All residents South of Pine Street and West of Main Street
- Yard Waste for all residents – Wednesday*
- Recyclable for all residents – Every other Monday
- Commercial Collection – Monday, Wednesday, Friday for entire town
View the Recycling Schedule for the year.
For disposal of bulk items, white good and household furniture contact us to schedule a pick up at 252-753-5921.
There will be no fee charged for yard waste that is collected from the brown yard waste poly cart. To purchase a yard waste cart please contact the Finance Department at 252-753-5116.
Residents will be required to prepay according to the following for any yard waste collected that is not in the brown yard waste cart:
- 1st load – $15.00
- 2nd load from same pile – $50.00
To schedule a yard waste pick up for yard waste outside of brown cart, call 252-753-5921.
Leaf collection will be picked up at no charge to the resident from November to December.
Sale of Cemetery Plots
Cemetery plot sales for Forest Hills Cemetery, Hollywood Cemetery, Sunset Cemetery are conducted by the Developmental Services Department of the Town of Farmville. Current pricing is $400 per plot for in town residents and $850 per plot for out of town residents.
To make arrangements to purchase a plot or for additional questions, call 252-753-5921.
Opening and Closing of plots
Cemetery plots are opened and closed through the Public Works Department. We do require a 48 hour notice. Please contact our office to schedule this service. Current pricing is $400 for normal business hours and $500 after hours or holidays. The normal business ours are between 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday.
Monuments or Stones
Prior to installation of any marker at one of the town’s cemeteries, you need to contact 252-753-5921 to request a locate. The following fee applies:
- Locates – $25.00 each
The Town of Farmville will spray for mosquitoes during the months of May through September.
Wes Thomas, Director
PO Box 86 / 3672 N. Main Street
Farmville, NC 27828
(252) 753-5921 – office
(252) 753-2963 – fax